Fleet Feet Sports Roanoke upholds safety of our training program/fun runs participants and fellow fitness enthusiasts as our highest priority. We invite ALL training program/fun runs participants to join us in taking the following pledge:
As a fitness enthusiast in the Roanoke Valley Community, I pledge:
- To promote safety within the community through my behavior both as a pedestrian and as a driver.
- To adhere to pedestrian and traffic laws.
- To run and walk on sidewalks whenever available.
- To be respectful of other pedestrians on the Greenway.
- To make myself visible to traffic and other pedestrians by wearing reflective gear and clothing.
- To address my medical needs and overall health to ensure I am medically able and properly trained to participate.
- To maintain safe and cautious behavior to avoid accident and to prevent injury.
- To enhance my safety by maintaining full awareness of my surroundings and agreeing to participate without headphones, animals or other potential distractions.
- To carefully navigate the designated course for each event and adhere to the assigned route.
- To respect the members of the community where we run and walk.
- To respect fellow participants while promoting their safety and well-being.
- While running and walking on my own, to carry identification complete with emergency contact information.
In addition, we ask that all participants wear IDENTIFICATION on them at all workouts. For options, come by Fleet Feet Sports.