Hummus, also known as the Healthy Dip, is easy to make and is great as a snack, for a condiment and more. It provides protein and is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. While it can be high in fat, it's high in the GOOD heart-healthy unsaturated fat.
Ingredients for Andrew's Hummus
- 2 drained cans of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Directions for Andrew's Hummus
- Drain the 2 cans of Garbanzo Beans and put beans in a food processor
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice on top of the beans
- Add salt and olive oil and turn the food processor on until you reach the desired consistency
- Add more water/oil for a thinner consistency
- Once done, put into a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil and paprika
- ADD INS & CHANGES: Want to change it up? Instead of two beans of Garbanzo beans, do one can of Black Beans and one can of Garbanzo beans.
- ADD INS & CHANGES: Garlic fan? Chop up some garlic and add it in!