Simple, easy and lots of flavor from Health.com
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Spread mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.