Summer Speed Series Open Invitational Meets
July 20 through August 10
Where and when do meets take place?
Races take place on Thursdays at 6pm at the Patrick Henry High School Track, July 20 through August 10.
Tell me more about the Summer Speed Series Open Meets.
The Open Invitational Meets will feature different races each week for four weeks, with some races being repeated twice throughout the four-week period. All registered Summer Speed participants will be able to race the meets for FREE, while outside competitors will have to pay a $5 fee per night to race (all proceeds will go towards the Patrick Henry High School XC and Track Teams). In addition to the open races, there will also be FREE kids races.
- registration for the open races will begin at 5:30 PM. All registrants should show up and complete registration by 6PM, as there is no guarantee of last minute event registration.
- registration is $5, CASH ONLY, for all races that night
- come prepared with a seed time (or best predictor for what you will run that night) when you register. This will help us divide into Heats that will best benefit everyone participating.
- In some of the longer events, such as the 5k, there will be a lap counter on site. The volunteers and workers will do their best to count everyone's remaining laps, but please be prepared to keep track of your own laps in the longer events.
- timing for all events will be a hand held timing system.
- anybody who is under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver authorizing them to compete.
Schedule of Open Invitational Races:
July 20th: Kids 100, Open 100, Open Mile, Open 400 : CLICK HERE FOR RESULTS
July 27th: Kids 200, Open 800, Open 200, "RUN WITH GRACE 5K"
August 3rd: Kids 400, Open Mile, Open 400, Mixed 4x100 Relay
August 10th: Kids Long Jump, Open 100, Open 800, 4x400 Relay
*all races will have a rolling start time
The Run with Grace 5K event will be in honor of Grace Lovegrove, former Patrick Henry High School student who passed away after a training run with her college cross country team. Learn more about Grace at www.runwithgrace.com
- All Summer Speed Series participants must have identification with emergency contact information on them at all workouts
- Earphones are NOT allowed at workouts
- Participants mush have reflective gear and lights when warranted.
- Participants must have a hydration system with them during all workouts; do not need to run with it but have it at the track.
- No strollers at workouts.
- No animals at workouts